Tuesday, August 11, 2009

teaching dreams..or rather, nightmares

I don't have much to write about getting D5 and CAFE up and running, except that I wrote up word work lesson plans for the WWW binders for our first 2 units (short vowel sounds and blends). I did write up a nice packet of information for parents of my students, and printed out the B.E.E. folder explanations and contract. It sure feels good to at least have that done. I'm in that strange limbo between summer break and teaching, and the teaching dreams are coming full force.

Last night, I had a harrowing dream that was unlike the usual ones I have that involve lockers I can't find, schedules I have lost and combinations I can't remember. Last night's dream was one about my own students, the new ones I have coming in September. I was trying to round them up in the school, and I couldn't get them to listen to me or come to our room. I kept trying to clap a rhythm, but none of my own first graders would respond, only the other teachers and older students. I finally got them to line up behind me, and I took them on a city bus. I had a number of adult chaperons with us, and when I got off the bus they followed me; all except one, who was in front of the children. The bus door closed and the single chaperone rode away with my students. I didn't know where the bus was going, and I didn't have any way to contact the chaperon. My students were lost somewhere on a bus, and the parents were going to kill me. I was sick with worry.

The dream then changed into something resembling the Viet Nam war, and became scary and not about school at all.

I hate school dreams.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog - just found it. Would it be ok to add it to the list of blogs I follow on my blog? You can add mine to yours (if you like it). :)

    ReplyDelete